Compare the Indian kitchens of the early 1970s to the kitchens of today.
You will find one glaring difference. Yes, we are referring to the grinding stone.
It used to be an integral part of every Indian kitchen until the arrival of the mixie (mixer grinder).
You have improvisations in the form of the dry grinder, the wet grinder, the food processor, and so on.
These appliances have made it more comfortable for the Indian woman today.
Let us look at some of the best food processors in India before providing you helpful insights into buying the best one available on the market.
Best food processors in India 2019
1. Inalsa Fiesta 650-Watt Food Processor
The food processor is the complete kitchen appliance as it takes care of almost all the aspects except cooking. You can easily call Inalsa Fiesta as the perfect Man Friday of the modern Indian woman.
Be it chopping vegetables, grinding herbs or spices, juicing, kneading the dough, and so on, the Inalsa Fiesta puts its hands up for every job. Let us look at some of the salient features of this food processor.
- In spite of being a heavy duty appliance, it saves electricity because of the powerful 650-watt motor
- Elegant looks complement the sturdy functions of the device
- It does not make much noise with the output being in the range of 80 to 90 decibels
- You have a manufacturer’s guarantee of 2 years on the product and 5 years on the motor.
- Not very ideal for preparing juices from hard vegetables like beetroot, and so on
2. Philips Food Processor HL 1660 700W
With Philips, you get excellent quality. This food processor is such that you cannot operate it unless you have assembled the appliance in the right manner. It can do a variety of jobs like grinding, liquidising, grating, chopping, atta kneading, juicing, and slicing, and so on.
You get the Philips food processor with a 2-year warranty. It runs on Power Chop technology thereby delivering a better performance than any other food processor. Here are some of the exquisite features of this handy appliance.
- The Power Chop technology provides a better experience at chopping vegetables
- This appliance saves a lot of power
- It is a safe appliance to work with because it does not operate unless you assemble the parts correctly
- It is not very good at grating coconuts
- It does not come with a small jar for grinding spices
3. Wonderchef Turbo Dual Speed Food Processor
We have seen four mechanised food processors up to now. Let us now look at the manual food processor that can do the job adequately. The manual food processor comes with a two gear system, one for power and the other for speed.
The sharp blades ensure quick cutting and chopping of vegetables. It comes with a whipping arrangement for mixing the dough and beating eggs.
- Does not consume electricity as it is a manual food processor
- The dual-gear mechanism for higher efficiency
- Easy to use
- Pusher attachment to avoid spillage of food
- Limited efficiency levels because of manual operation
- Not suitable for extremely fine chopping of vegetables, especially for making halwa
4. Bajaj Food Factory FX 11 600-Watt Food Processor
Bajaj has a reputation for providing reliability. Hence, it is no surprise that they continue the trend while manufacturing this food processor. It is a handy appliance capable of performing multiple functions as it helps out with the tedious and time-consuming jobs.
It not only makes cooking more comfortable than before but also ensures that the food maintains its high quality of taste. Here are some of the salient features of this food processor.
- Excellent for making juices as well from fruits and vegetables
- One of the best processors for kneading atta for your chapattis
- Quick functioning thereby saving a lot of time
- Makes noise
- Plastic parts are liable to break
5. Morphy Richards Icon Dlx Food Processor
This Food Processor is a compact one in many respects. Use it for a variety of kitchen jobs such as cutting, mincing, grating, grinding, whipping, juicing, and slicing, and so on.
Compared to other similar products in its niche, this food processor has a larger feeding tube. Let us look at the other admirable features of this food processor.
- Heavy duty food processor capable of taking on various kitchen tasks
- Considering the load it carries, the 1000-Watt motor saves a lot of electricity
- Appearance wise, this food processor is perfect for the modern kitchen
- The overload protector feature is a good one
- Do not have service centres all over India
Buying Guide – Food processors
Imagine the number of kitchen appliances you need to cook a decent meal for a family of four to five members. The Indian cuisine is such you need a variety of chutneys, a couple of curries, vegetables, chapattis, juices, and so on.
In the olden days, you had the grinding stones for grinding these spices. People used to knead the dough using their hands. The invention of the mixie changed everything. People started using this appliance for preparing their chutneys and purees.
The grinder came next. It helped a lot in grinding ingredients like spices, coriander, tamarind, turmeric, and so on. However, there was a need for a comprehensive kitchen appliance that could take care of all the tasks mentioned above.
The food processor is the right appliance for you. Let us look at the various factors you should look into while purchasing a food processor.