Do you know that there is a difference between a best hand mixer and a best Mixer Grinder? When it comes to the basic function, both the mixers serve the same purpose. But, there is some noticeable difference in both the appliance. Before going in deep and compare the two products, here is everything you should know about each appliance.
As the name itself suggests, a hand mixer comes designed in such a way that it can be held in hand and can be used to mix different food materials. When it comes to a hand mixer, the appliance is lightweight and this is one of the main reasons why a hand mixer can be used with a single hand. All you have to do is simply lift the product and immerse the beaters into the food and then switch on the appliance for an efficient mixing action.
A mixer grinder is entirely different from a hand mixer, even both the appliances are designed to perform efficient mixing function. The exterior and interior design of this appliance is different. A mixer grinder comes with a strong frame on which a motor and a bowl are mounted. Once the motor is switched on a rotary action happens in the bowl, which results in the mixing of loaded food materials.
Now you know the basic difference between both the products, now, let us go deep into the major difference, advantages, and disadvantages of mixer grinders and hand mixers.
Advantage of Hand Mixer over a Mixer Grinder
- A hand mixer is comparatively lightweight than mixer grinder
- A hand mixer can be used with a single hand and can be carried anywhere with ease
- One of the best things about a hand mixer is that it allows the user to control the efficiency of the mixing
- A hand mixer consumes comparatively less power than a mixer grinder
- A hand mixer is comparatively cheaper than mixer grinder
- A hand mixer is easy to clean
- A hand mixer is designed in such a way that it consumes less space
Advantage of a Mixer Grinder over a Hand Mixer
- A mixer grinder comes incorporated with a powerful motor
- A mixer grinder is comparatively very powerful and efficient than a hand mixer
- One of the notable advantages of the mixer over a hand mixer is that a mixer comes with a comparatively bigger bowl that can avoid splashing of batter or food material from the bowl.
- A mixer grinder once switched on can work on its own, it does not require a users assistance
- Yet another notable advantage of a mixer over a hand mixer is that a mixer can mix a comparatively larger amount of food material than a hand mixer.
- A mixer can mix comparatively large amount of food material faster than a hand mixer.
- A mixer comes with extra features like timers, alarm, programmable settings.
- A mixer can be used to perform multiple functions as it comes with different attachments
Now you know the major difference between a mixer and hand mixer. However, just knowing the advantage might not help. Here are the major disadvantages of a mixer and hand mixer.
Disadvantages of a Mixer Grinder and Hand Mixer
- A mixer grinder is heavy and it cannot be moved to one place to another easily
- A hand mixer comes with a less powerful motor and it cannot be used to mix food material above a certain quantity
- If you have hand muscle cramps, you will not be able to use a hand mixer
- With people getting more busier, extra features like timers, automatic switch off, and speed control is important, however, apart from speed control hand mixers lack all the other features
- A mixer is not easy to clean and not easy to assemble.
- A mixer grinder consumes comparatively higher power than hand mixers
- One of the major disadvantages of the mixer is that it comes at a comparatively higher mixer grinder price.
- Yet another disadvantage of a mixer is that it requires a larger area to be mounted or installed
All the advantages and disadvantages of a mixer and hand mixer are laid above. However, if you still cannot figure out which is the best, then let us remind you, it is all up to your perspective. If you are looking for a mixer than is portable and easy to use, then hand mixer is the best option for you. On the other hand, if you need a powerful and multifunctional product, then a mixer is the best option for you.
Even though we have mentioned the best appliance based on the customers perspective, as an expert, we cannot neglect the fact that when it comes to features, efficiency, and power a mixer is better than a hand mixer.